Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 2, 2013

So this week was AWESOME! It went by sooooo fast! This new area of mine is EXTREMELY blessed right now, the investigators just show up to church already wanting to change! We dont even have a lot of investigators, and we dont teach NEARLY as much as we did in La Laguna, but the people are just ready here! LOVE IT! 

Holy cow I love the new house, the deck looks very nice! hahaha I wish I coulda seen morgan! Im sure she´s gonna get lost in there for the first couple of days! haha, hows the ward there? How many people asisst there? I wanna know the number cause people always ask how big my ward is! 

So this week it has been raining a lot, and the people here are babies so the work was a little hard. They think that if it´s raining and you walk outside you´ll get sick... So when there´s rain, no one does ANYTHING! They dont even talk to the missionaries! haha So this last monday they told us that we were going to have an activity with Pres. Watts on Saturday. They didnt tell us anythign about it they just told us that we had to invite the ward and tell them to bring their friends, so that´s what we did. Then Friday Elder S(I was in Alameda with him for 3 months, I LOVE the guy, he´s from Tijuana! and we`re very good friends) and Elder G (one of the funniest people I´ve ever met, I met him in Alameda too! He was my ZL for a while!) called (oh and they`re APs) and told us that we had to open the church at 7 in the morning so president could come and get everything ready. Then at 630 in the morning they called us and told us not to do it untill 11..... then at 11 they told us not till 2! haha so we bought McDonalds (yes I finnally have normal food in my area!!!) and just camped out in the church! Then President came and we got everything all set up. We left at like 3 to go invite more people and have a lesson. Then we came back at six and there were a TON of people here! 

So it turns out that the activity was a musical activity, they had Elder L (he´s in the office and I love the guy) Sing. He can sing sooooooooooooo welll it was awesome. They had Elder G play the violin. He´s from my group (he came into the mission the same day as me!) and I was his DL for about 2 weeks haha, but he can play the violin extremely well. And they brought Elder R, He´s from Hondurus and was my first DL in the mish, but he went to a musical school so he can play the piano like a champ. I got to see a bunch of my pals that day, haha it was really cooL!

So they had them sing and play certain hymns inbetween video segments that talked about the gosple! We had an investigator show up who´s been an investigator forever cause he likes to drink His name is Hno. R. He came an hour early and talked A LOT with president Watts (if he cant convert someone I dont know who can!) and in the end Hno. R said `you know pres. I would love to see you and talk to you again` and Pres. Watts said `Oh yeah that´ll be easy, I´ll just come to your baptizm` haha so at the end of the activity Rene came up to us and asked us what he had to do to be baptized! So we put a baptismal date with him for the 28 of september! SO AWESOME!

Then we have our baptizm  for this week! C! C has like 35 years, he used to be addicted to cocaine so he has a LOT of nervous problems. But he is very cool, we go to his house every sunday morning to bring him to church and he´s NEVER home, and then we get to the church and he´s already there! The poor guy always feels like he`s on the run, very anxious! 

Then our other baptismal date is with Hna. A. She´s 21 and has a daughter, and is best friends with the bishops wife. She´s a for sure baptism as well, she shows up to church on her own too! This week she offered to cook us lunch, and supposedly she cooks very weLL!! 

haha I have to tell you about our ward council meeting! We were sitting in there (only about 5 people show up to ward council meeting!) and we were talking about the investigators. When suddenly a guy named Hno. P appeard (he´s kinda old and has a CRAZY CONVERSION story, he was studieing to become a Catholic preist. like 20 years of school, then 2 WEEKS before he goes to the Vadican to be ordained the missionaries come and knock on his door. He read the BOM in 3 days and got baptized instead of going to Italy! hahaha SO CRAZY!!!) But he shows up and starts givin crap to the bishop ( who only has 3 years as a member!!!) about how he doesnt do his job and all this stuff. Then the bishop starts pullin out scriptures about how its his job to preside over the others and their job to work in their callings and all this stuff! my comp made me leave because he feels awkward about contention... I WANTED TO WATCH AND SEE WHO WON!!!!!!! Appearantly this happens EVERY ward council meeting! haha this ward is INSAINE but super cooL! Love it here! 

AH! This week we found GIANT hamburgers! They are probably about a foot in diameter! With steak, chicken, turkey, and sausage, and guacamole and lettuce and all the good stuff!!! SO GOOD!!! And only about 30 quets! Super good!

Okay, well you´ll have to tell me about the new neighborhood and take pics of the unfinished parts of the house! I WANNA SEE IT ALL!!!! Hope every one has a great week!

Love,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment