Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

June 24, 2013

YAY! This week we had another baptism! It was Hna. D, She was so excited to do it so it was great! The bad thing is that the guy who baptized her is a little......... not retarded but SUPER weird, so when she got in the water with him he just got SO NERVOUS that he forgot EVERYTHING. The water is freezing, first of all, and he probably put her under about 6 times and said the prayer probably 15 times before he got it right! HOLY COW that poor lady! She lived through the Ice Age! Other than that everything turned out great! Her husband is still mad with us but has calmed down apparently! So that's good news!

HOLY COW!!!!!! I JUST REALIZED I NEVER SAID HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!! What a horrible child am I? Happy Fathers Day Dad! You are the best Dad that anyone could ask for and Im so glad that you could be such a great example to me! I would give just about anything to have you and Nick be my companions for just a week! That would be so fun! Love you tons and thanks so much! 

The spanish is doing good! I've been trying to get rid of saying Voy A and just put things in future tence! I've also been using more contradictary to the fact statements so that people think I can speak good :) haha I have been thinking of how hard it's going to be to understand the people in the DR! They talk CRAZY! 

Elder O and I get along really well. He's kinda a shy, strange dude but he's super nice and just loves everyone! My job is to get him outta his shell so he can train soon! But I think our time together is comming to an end because the changes are the 10 or 9 of July, so we only got like 2 weeks more together!

So what's happening with our mission is that we are loosing almost EVERYTHING north of the Capital, (AKA the cool places of our mission...) and we are getting like 3 zones from the South mission that will be in the Capital aswell. Plus we are getting this place called Zacapa which is cool i guess, and the rest of the Coast! We're loosing about 130 elders and are gaining about 80 from the South mission, then we'll be opening more areas in the EAST mission so we'll get about 50 more new elders with time! So we still have cool places to go and Hopefully I'll get out of this dang zone to get to know the other parts of the new mish! We are already in the mission that we will be in, So even though technically Im in the North mission right now, Im for sure in the East mission! Everything is already set in stone and finalized! 

As for packages and letters, just send them to the normal address that you guys have! The offices wont change places so everything will get to me just fine with the old address!

Sorry I dont have pics today, my comp had to go to the offices today for his Visa stuff and so I lost allllllll my Pday chilling with the office elders! And then we came directly to write so I forgot my camera! OOPS! I'll send some pics this next week!

You guys are awesome! Im super greatfull to have a great family! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MEXICO!? Awe man! I love that place, the other day I really wanted to go down the Buffy and buy some churros and tacos at El Poblano! But I guess that'll have to wait 14 months! Have fun! Be safe, eat a lot of raddish and lime!

Love Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment