Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

Wow, I didnt realize that Grammys problem was so serious! I read it but I didnt really think about it, but it´s good to hear that she´s improving! Tell her I love her and miss her and that I hope she gets well soon! Hopefully they find out what´s up with that super flu! Tell her dont worry, Guatemala died a looooong time ago, I just dont think the people have realized it yet! haha

AWE, That´s awesome that you guys got to go boating with everyone! I miss the boat, I am going to feel like a fool when I finnaly get on the water again!

So This week was kinda slow, we wanted to put 4 new baptism dates with a family and with these 2 girls that make tortillas. I´ll have to explain their storyies but... ah sometimes things just dont work out like you want them too!!!

So the family we wanted to put a date with is Fam. P. They are an older couple, but live with their kids. the Dad is kinda crazy and LOVEs to talk about the most RANDOM things he can think of. The Mom is SUPER nice and loves it when we come over. The whole family has had a TON of medical problems, their kid is paralyzed and a bunch of other stuff, so they really like our message! We´ve been visiting them for about 2 months, we can only find thim about once a week though. They know a lot and I think they`re ready to be baptized, but they havent been to church ONCE. And they really wanted to go this sunday, but we went there and they couldn´t go. They had to go to a funeral! AH! So that was frustraiting.

The other 2, the Tortilleras are named O and E. They have been progressing a lot, or they were... They were reading the Book of Mormon, going to church, and even went to a baptism to see how it was. But then I think they have someone else that is preaching to them from the church they`re in now, because they just have the WORST questions in the world! Like a last week, they told us that ALLLLL churches are correct IF we have faith they are... WHAT? So we explained Authority and the importance of prophets. We asked them if they understood it all and they were like YEAH! There is definately a need for prophets! and so we asked them to read the book of mormon and pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet. Do you know what their answer was? It was ´Every bible is correct IF we have faith´  NO!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh these people! 

So it was a good week, but I wish we coulda had more success! But at the end of the week, we started visiting members to ask for references. Which, I know I should be humble but I am the BOMB when It comes to getting people to turn over their close friends and realitives! haha so we got like 7 references! Only 2 live in our area but still, at least the members are supportive! I really like this area, this Sunday they tell us if we have changes. I kinda think Im going to have a change, but I´ll be happy if I do or if I dont!

Thanks for being great examples to me! You guys really help me! OH and thanks for the contact solution! I got it this friday! JUST IN TIME I may add! Okay well, love you guys, have fun! Be safe, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERYDAY, and really serve the lord with everything you´ve got! There´s nothing more important than preparing the world to recieve Christ when he comes again!

Love 

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment