Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

July 29, 2013

Holy cow fam!!! Hows it hangin?
AWE MAN!! I wanna go on the trek again!!! I think I would appreciate it a LOT more now!!! I love the pioneers! They are soooooo cool! I have the movie 17 miricles and I LOVE THAT!!! Nick, way to be Pilas and help everyone out! haha Pilas means... a lot of things! haha but it´s kinda like saying awesome! Glad to hear that he loved it! One of my best memories of treck was stealing more of the crappy food they gave us hahaha, I WANNA DO IT AGAIN!! Not steal but do the treck! 

Pues, this week was SERVICE WEEK! Me and my companion did service everyday except sunday and friday! I AM POOOOOOOOOOPED!! First we went with our new Zone Leaders Elder S and Elder G, they´re both gringos and AWESOME ZLs!, and with the other district leader G (gringo and one of the best pals I got in the mish) and his comp C from Honduras. We went to go cut pine trees down (YES THERE ARE PINE TREES IN GUATE!!) and make firewood for a family that uses the fire to cook and sell tortillas. We get to the ZLs house and the VERY first thing that happens is that C cuts my finger with an exacto knife... I´d explain the situation but I need more time haha, So I have a pretty deep cut on my filangy right now! haha I thought (well still think) that I shouldda got stiches buuuuuuuuuut eh im in Guatemala right?! haha so after wrapping up my finger in gauze we went to go find the trees. Turns out we were going to do it alll with an AXE!!! So we spent a good 4 or 5 hours chopping these trees down into firewood with that thing! MY HANDS HURT SO BAD!!! I´ve got like 6 blisters! haha but it was SUPER fun!! But it was also a bad day...

Last week we got a call from the ZLs that there had been an accident witht the ZLs in Coban, Elder Bu and my mission dad Elder G were doing service and were in the back of a pickup that was driving when it rolled. Elder G was okay, He has a lot of cuts and bruises but I dont think he even broke a bone. But Elder Bu(from Canada) was hurt pretty bad, they had to reconstruct his back because he broke it, plus several broken bones in his legs. For a while it looked like he was paralyzed but then he started to have feelings in his feet. Then when things were lookin up for him, he passed away. We got the news on tuesday during the service. That was really hard, I really feel bad for his parents cause he only had about 2 months left or less. I know that he´s getting his reward right now, Just keep his family in your prayers.

But after that day, we went to do service with our district in a place called Juana De Arco, ITS SOOO FAR AWAY!!! we had to walk because we forgot our bus pass! We had to shovel dirt out of the side of a hill and throw it on this huge pile! SO TIREING!!! We did that for a good 5 hours too! Then the next day we went and cut MORE wood with the ZLs, then we took a break on friday, then on saturday we went and dug more dirt outta the hillside!!! AHHHHHHH MY TIRED LEVEL IS OVER 9000!!!! The bad thing is that I cant say no to a service project!!!! I HAVE A WEAKNESS!!!

GOod news though!! P one of our investagtors that was going to move away, Is moving to a place in my area still!!! YAY!!!! So we are still gong to be able to baptize her! But not till the 10th of August! After her we should have about 3 or 4 baptizms the following week! Hopefully they go to church so that we can baptize them!!! Things are going verywell! THis change is going by far to quickly! I hope I dont have a transfer unless I get transferred to the coast, THEN I´LL BE VERY HAPPY!! But if it´s just going to be in the cap I WANNA STAY HERE!!!

Tell everyone I say hi! uhhh haha and tell nick I say GOOD LUCK!!! That´s so cool that he has gigs in other states! Hows the weather there? Still super hot? It´s very hot right now here too, Im SUPER sunburned from all the serviceing! I cant just move my neck, I have to move my whole body to look at things (Kinda like batman!!) because my neck rubs on my collar and IT HURTS!!!

Well, hope you all have an awesome week! We are going to keep workin hard and baptizin the bananas outta this place!! Love you tons!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment