Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

January 7, 2013

Hola!!!!

So glad you got my package finnaly! You guys can be the judge, do you think that i've lost weight!? I showed another missionary some pictures of me before and he thinks I have too. 

Hope you like everything I sent! I was worried that the SD card wouldnt make it! I am trying to buy an SD card to USB import thing here, so I can just put all my pics on a flash drive and send them to you!

HOlly COW! Bull Wars sounds awesome! I Love bull riding! So awesome! And I was wondering when you would finnaly make the change of the Buildings! Do you like it less or more? That's awesome that Jaron got his mission call! To SPAIN! That's awesome! Glad to hear everyone is doing great!

This week was pretty cool! Well It had the potencial to be the best week in my mission but it missed that train... I'll tell you about the almost AWESOME thing that happened. This week we met with an Investigator who we`ve been trying to meet with for like 6 weeks. And starting 2 weeks ago she was going to go to church with us, but the member who is her friend and who was supposed to bring her, forgot to go to church 2 weeks in a row (Yup, forgot to go to church, welcome to Guatemala). So we go in there and she tells us she`s been waiting to go to our church for weeks now, so we got really excited. Then we asked her if there is anything she wants to learn about in specific, she pointed to my Book of Mormon and said she wants to know more about it. So again we got excited. We asked her if she had one, she said yes. Then we asked her if she reads it, she said that when she's sad she picks it up and reads it and it makes her feel good! 

It was the coolest lesson we`ve had! We wanted to put a baptism date for this sunday, she would only have 2 times in the church and you need three, but we got special permission and they said it was okay! So for 3 days we couldnt meet with her, either we couldnt find a member to be out passed 530 or something on her end. So yesterday we were really excited because she said FOR SURE she`d be at church. But, yesterday wehen we went to get her, she wasnt home. So unfortunately, we wont be baptising this change. (It ends next week, i find out on sunday if I stay or go!)

But this week was also cool because we had stake conference and President and Hermana Watts came and spoke. And we got to talk with them for a while, I love my president! But with this new age change and a million missionaries comming in, they`re going to make new missions here, probably within the year, so they might not be my presidents forever...

Also this week we did divisions. I went with a Gringo that came in 6 weeks AFTER I did! I was really nervous at first, but then when we started the day, we decided that we would act like newbies. And by that i mean we were going to ask EVERYONE to be baptized! haha Our lessons had some pretty bad spanish, but it was really cool because even though our spanish sucked the spirit was super strong in all of them! We set 2 Baptism dates with his investigators! It was so fun!

Also, with all these new missionaries they are opening up BRAND new areas, wehre missionaries have never been before! SO COOL!

Other than that it was a normal week, with a lot of walking haha. I think I`m all out of things to say! haha Love you guys! Miss you a lot, but really I would rather be here than home haha.

Love Tu Hijo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment