Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

January 21, 2013

Hey Fam!

So this week I said goodbye to Elder G, and Hello to Elder E.! He`s one of the missionaries who is only 18, and he lives about an hour from our area! haha He is only here temporarily to wait for his Visa for Argentina! He`s obedient and patient with me while I figure out what the heck Im doing! So everything is doing good with him so far! I feel so weird training already, I only know of 4 gringos that have trained after their training. Im one of them and 2 others are training right now too! Sooo crazy!

This week we talked with some of our ward members. Remember when I told you that we dont have much support from our ward and no one takes their calling seriously? haha That`s exactly what I told these members! And they agreed with me! So me and Elder E. are planning on working really hard to make our ward united, make the poeple actually happy to go to chruch and have friends there! Because right now none of that is happening. I was thinking of the part in the LDM where Moroni has to fight the Kingmen in his own country before he can fight the Lamenites, we need to make our ward united before we can actually have succes in this area.

You asked about H! H. is good, still living in a shack with nudie magazines as his floor. We went there yesterday thinking we would set a baptizm date, but I think he`s a little crazy... He`s always alone and we are the only people who talk to him I think so he has gone a little loco with the time. It`s so hard to teach him because if we ask a question or pause for a tiny second he goes on a huge long rant about how we`re angles here to bless the people. Which is great! Only we cant teach him anything... So we have to figure our how we can change our teaching to help him out! This week we were going to set a date with this family called Familia P.! We had an awesome leccion about Baptizm, the spirit was strong and everything. We challenged her to be baptized and she told us that she has already been baptized. We have explained the need for proper authority to her like 3 times, she just believes that anyone who talks about church has authority. So we couldnt set that date either... Things are looking a little down here, but we are going to keep going and looking for people... the ZL`s are going to come and work with us in our area to see what we can do to make it better, I am a little anxious but excited to see if they can help us out!

As for my spanish, I feel super good about it! I can pretty much understand everything and say what I want to say. Elder E. always says he cant believe I only have 5 months (as of tomorrow) because of my spanish. I still dont have perfect vocab but that will just come with time! So I started studying Kekchi again! Only this time I actually can remember It! It is so awesome! 

This week we got to go see Elder Christofferson speak! It was amazing to see an Apostle of the Lord so close here in GTown. He gave a great talk! He is also pretty funny too! There was like 300 missionaries there! Im pretty sure It was EVERYONE from the Cap! It was so cool! He gave us all like a group blessing at the end of his talk and made me super excited to be out! Right now I feel a little down about my area but Im going to go read my notes so I can be happy again haha. But It was so cool because I got to take a picture with Elder G. (my papa), Elder H. (my older brother), My younger brother (who Elder G. is training right now), and Elder E.(my kid) haha we have my whole family in this picture! It`s awesome!


Im also a little nervous because It`s very probable that they split our mission. Everyone has their different theories of when, but for sure it`s going to happen. I will be extremely sad If I am not in the same mission as President Watts in a few months. I also will be really bummed if I get stuck in the Capital for my whole mission, I really want to see what it`s like in the jungle!

I think that`s all for this week! Thanks for your letters! It sounds like you had a BLAST in Florida! You should send me some pictures of the house with SNOW!!!! I miss you all a ton! Hope you have a great weeek!

Lovessssssssss,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment