Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 11, 2013

Hey flam! haha that sounds like flan...

Sounds like you guys have had a buisy week! ? haha that sucks that that happened but I find it a little funny... okay I find it really funny.When are you oging to send me those!? And what about the new suburban!? 

This week I havent tried any new foods... I know, sad. They eat a TON of refried black beans and tortillas. But they`re different than the ones in mexico, they`re a lot thicker. Those chicken and tamales and these things called Paches (like tamales but with potatoes). I was sick with the flu for 2 days so we didnt leave at all! BORING. But I was able to read a lot of the book of mormon and do a lot of studying so that`s okay. But our baptism date fell through because C. didnt go to church. With his work schedule and General Conference I dont think that I`ll be in this area to see him be baptized... 

Elder E. is progressing a lot! His training has been going well and we get along really well! He`s like a hipster without being a hipster. If there is something that a lot of people like, he automatically doesnt like it. Like English. Everyone here wants to learn English but he doesnt... But if he doesnt want to learn than its not my fault that he doesnt understand when I talk to the other Latinos in english right? haha but yeah he`s a good kid.

This week our ward made a ward mission plan! YAY! We are going to put it into practice this week slash month to see how it goes! Its like this, Every family has to choose 1 of 12 plans everymonth and do it. The plans are like Give a book of mormon to someone with the missionaries present or have a family home evening. I am really excited to see if this can help us out! Becuase all we do is street contact, because we have knocked on a TON of doors and that simply doesnt work here. So we street contact and ask for references. References work WAY better!

Oh I almost forgot to say, that Elder G. is in my zone! We went to the ZL`s house on tuesday to leave with the newbies and I got to leave with him for a day! All of our plans fell through but it was really awesome! And now he`s in my zone, so I`ll see him every monday for atleast 6 weeks!

It is soooo hot here right now! These next 2 or 3 months are the hot season and Im already ROASTING. This week we worked a lot with Family P.. We asked her why she doesnt ever come to our church and she told us her Pastor says that to go to our church is sin, and that we are Brujos or warlocks! hahahahahahahahahahahahahha  So we explained everyhting and we`ll see if she comes this next week!

Love you guys a ton, but Im really happy to be here in this area! haha I wouldnt rather be anywhere else! The Book is Blue, the Church is True! Love you!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment