Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

May 6, 2013

Whew, it`s hot today! This week passed by really fast! We are already in week 4 of this change! out of 6! Goes by waaaayyy fast! This week we had 2 of our baptism dates fall, but they were dates that were dates that were never going to be baptized, so i didnt feel too bad. BUT we put 2 more to replace it! And supposedly we`re going to have 4 baptisms this week! But 2 of them are going to fall because it`s this couple, Lady and, he is already a member, but Lady isnt. Lady has a cousin (I think) who lives whith them and is investigating aswell named M.. Lady and C have to get married to baptize her but she`s underage and He`s got 2 warrents out for him... So it`s a little hard to marry them. And M says he`ll be baptized when she is... AHHH But that`s okay, we`ll try and find a way to help them out!

Our other 2 baptisms that we could have this week is Family D. They are this little old couple that are really awesome. The wife, M, already has a testimony and believes everything about the church. The Husband, R, is a little more difficult. He`s hardcore catholic and likes to argue with us, which normaly is okay! I can deal with that, but my companion Elder F(the one in the middle) gets mad and starts to fight with him hahaha, so it`s a little hard to get them to get along. But we`re progressing! I`ll let you know how it all turns out!

So glad you got my package! IN TIME TOO!!! I never believed that you would get it so fast! So cool! Happy Mothersday!

The baptism with C was really cool! Loved it! There were just a few problems! haha First, the Elders in San Rafael didnt bring a towel for him and I forgot mine... Second, NO ONE from my old ward showed up. I was very upset with them for that one! They hadnt had a baptism in almost a year and they dont come when they finnaly have one!! Only his family and 2 other members showed up, and the bishop. Third, Carlos wanted to be baptized, BUT the water was freezing! SO after I said the prayer (nailed it) I started to lower him in the water, but he started pushing back! I didn`t want any nonsense so I just threw him under LOL, after that everything was dandy! Really awesome!!

My spanish is doing reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy well! hahaha Im a little pridefull right now because this week everyone has asked me if im about to go home because my spanish is good! 

This week the members gave us lunch and dinner everyday! Such good food! Nothing weird like fried blood! Just DELICIOUS! A lotta Beans, eggs, and tortillas!

This week was really cool! We organized a double wedding in a week!! We have a lawyer who is a member and when we have weddings she`ll do them for free for the Elders! So these members in our ward that are really nice to us told us about their problem. Technically they have been married for like 4 years BUT the papers never showed up in the system. So they technically werent married, we told them that if they made us scripture cases out of crocodile skin (he has SO many different types of skins... not sure how legal that is...) we would organize their wedding! SO they agreed and then they asked if the brother of the bride could get married on the same day, so we arranged that too! It was really cool! A TON of members showed up and we had a really great wedding! There were tamales for everything and it was really fun! The other cool part is that The dad of the sister we helped is in charge of all the Cops and Army that are in zone 18 (where I live) he was a really nice guy, and gave us his number and told us that if we had ANY problems or even if we just needed a ride somewhere we could call him! So awesome!

Yes I still Email in the same place, almost everything is the same, only my area is MUCH bigger and is just full of these little alley ways. They are HORRIBLE and ugly, and super confusing. But everything is FLAT here, no hills, it`s awesome!

Thanks for your EMAILS! You guys are the best, THanks for all the support! and for raising me in this gospel! KEEP BEING AT HOME MISSIONARIES! Love you so much! So excited to call you guys this Sunday! 

Love,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment