Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

April 15, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  4 DAYS AGO!!! SO SORRY I DIDNT PUT THAT IN MY LAST EMAIL!!!!!!!!!               What it is family?

Well yesterday we finally got our changes! I have one! BUT there`s a catch.... I`ll be training too. Which means I`ll probably be opening an area, which means that either BOTH the missionaries that were there before are leaving, OR they`re dividing a bigger area (probably outside the Cap), OR it`s an area where there arn`t missionaries right now... So who know`s where in the world I will be! But It`s pretty much certain that I wont have a change again after before the mission splits! So this wednesday I will find out If im in mission Coban, or mission East. There are 2 other people that are doing the same thing as I am! Elder Crossgrove (my MTC companion, yup still in the same zone) and Elder Brooks who`s been in this zone as long as I have.

But there`s something weird about these, because normally it`s easy to find out where you will go if you will be opening an area, but according to one of my friends, there is no new areas opening... and there`s no area where both the elders are being taken out... The only new thing that is being opened is an entire zone in a place called Polochik. In Polochik they speak kekchi, but supposedly this new zone wont be speaking that... and to go to Polochik you have to go with someone who already knows how to speak the language, but if we`re training they wont know it! SO we really have no IDEA where we`ll be going! hahaha this is all just mission BS but there`s a lot and I figure that you guys would like to hear some!

That`s awesome that you guys went to the DR! I was supper excited to see your pics! Sounds like you all had a blast! And were able to meet the WHOLE family tree that they`ve got down there!   I wanna go see all their houses and everything! I miss my dominican family!!!  Sounds like those kids LOVE you guys, that`s so fun!

To answer your question about the weird things that the chapines do down here isssssssssss....... theres a lot! haha they do the whole point with your lips thing, the men ALWAYS have their shirts lifted up and they just rub their bellies... even my guatemalan comp does that... weird... they have hand signals for EVERYTHING, like someone who´s gossipy they put their fingers together in like a point and wave their little finger. If you want to eat or want more to eat you do another weird thing with your hands haha I would describe it but I have no idea how! Its like making crab claws with your hands and pointing them upward....... hahahahaha that sounds about right! They also do the whole kiss hug thing! EVERYONE and their 10,000 cousins who they live with plays soccer, and outside the cap EVERYONE has a machete. 

Where I am at is not that hot... comparitivily, right now it`s really humid though, and the sun NEVER goes away. Supposedly we`re in the rainy season but I aint seen nothin yet! So I just sleep without a blanket, and if its REALLY hot we get out our ghetto fan and turn it on! There are HUGE cockroaches and from what ive seen the natives are more afraid of them than i am hahaha, lukily in the house im in now doesnt have any! There are BIG spiders, but WAY bigger outside the cap, in Peten or Coban where it`s hot and moist they grow like weeds! There are guys selling cocos everywhere and right now mangos are in season so I have been eating a crap ton of those! And avacados! SO GOOD!

This week for our zone activity we went BOWLING! it was really fun, but i SUPER suck at bowling... We went there and then went to wendys and taco bell! Taco bell here is crazy! Free Foosball for everyone! It was great! I am going to miss this zone when I leave wednesday! I really do love the missionaries, we have so much fun. Well that`s about it! I sent 2 packages home,  not a lot of letters, more just stuff! I didnt have room in my luggage to carry it around! But it`s for you guys so ENJOY!!

Miss you guys a ton and I think I`ll have a lot to write to yall next week! Love you and hope you have a fun time in the DR and at home! Good luck in your drumline thinggly Nick!!

Love, 

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment