Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

April 25, 2013

Hey fam! 

So this week was the transferrs.... I think I´ll describe my day on wednesday for you. First I had to pack, I stayed up till 3 in the morning packing! I HATE THAT CRAP! So I was wayyyy tired, went to bed and then had to get up at 6 because the taxi was going to be outside my house at 7. We are out of the house by 645 and the taxi NEVER shows up... NEVER! So at 8 we had to go flag down a taxi in the street! By that time EVERYONE in the conference of transferrs already knows all the changes. So we get there and I start talking to Elder Crossgrove, he´ll be in the Cap still, and he just told me ´dude, im so sorry´ I asked him why, then he realized that I hadnt recieved my transfer yet so he told me to run and get it! So I walk over to the room where they give them out and on the way, people either laugh at me or just tell me that they´re sorry. So I was just thinking I was going to be in the Cap still, which is what I want in the end so that´d be fine. Then I go in there and they tell me La Laguna, Zone Alameda. in a trio.

Now this doesn´t sound to bad to the average person, La Laguna has had 11 baptisms in the last 3 months, they always have investigators and it´s a good area. 

BUT, im not the average person. La Laguna is pretty much across the street from my old area San Rafael... Im still in the same District... Same stake... I just live in a crappier house... everytime we introduce ourselves everyone just sees me and says ´oh i already know you´ then they talk to elder Olivares My companions are really great though, Elder Figueroa (from Guatemala) has 4 months in the mission and can teach SO well, haha the only bad thing about him is that he gets mad at the investigators sometimes and condemns them... Then my new kid is elder Olivares, he is from Peru. He is really a good teacher, just loves everyone that we teach! I really feel like im unnessicary here!

So all in all, Im more or less in the EXACT same area... But Im trying not to poop myself about it! Hopefully we will be able to baptize the crap out of this area! OH so I think im in mission EAST!! I talked to Hna. Watts at the conference and I told her I was NOT excited about my new change. She told me that it´s good because she doesnt want me to go to Mission Coban. I think i´ll be in East!  SO Im hopping i´ll be here for 3 months to do the training and then have a change when the mission splits to go open an area on the coast! hahaha pure hope, but I think that they will do Emergency Changes when the mission divides.

Dad, that´s awesome that you are being a missionary! I have never heard of a mennonite! What do they believe in? That´s so cool that you are sharing the gosple! 

Well, next week i´ll tell you about some of our investigators when I get to know them!

Thanks for your letters! You guys are the best! Love you so much!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment