Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome to the GUAT!


Wow! It seems like i picked a good year to be gone! Both my teams are
going to suck it uppp! haha It was great to talk with you guys! It
seems like forever ago already! Have fun in Mexico! You guys should
just keep driving and meet me here hahaha, its only a 49 hour drive! I
wish I could have seen Nick play! Nick you are a fantastic drummer,
you realize you´re only a junior? You are going to become such a great
preformer, dont worry about a competition that you dont win every now
and then! I wish i could have a bike on my mission! I think Id go with
the same thing mom got, Do you think people would talk to me if i rode
that around? This CCM (MTC) Is sooooo great! We got to have a 2 hour
nap the day we got here, and then we got to go to bed 2 hours early!
the food is great! We have our own chef! And my teachers are great!
Hermana Reyes and Hermano Bonella, Bonella is a goofball. He learned
English from watching TV so he can speak pretty well, but every friday
night from now on we sing this song he calls The Pirate song, Its a
Himno that might only be in spanish, but in the chorus we have to
swing our arms like pirates. It is hilarious to watch him get into it.
AND they´ve already let us go
out and talk to REAL people! In provo we did this thing called TRC,
its when members volunteer to come and let you talk to them. But here
they dont have a lot of volunteers i guess, so they let us walk around
the temple and talk to people! SO FUN! Me and my companion Elder
Jacobs, talked to this old couple from Honduras. they are serving a
temple mission here and were incredibly nice! But so hard to
understand! We did pretty well though so it was good! It makes me so
excited to go out into the field! I love talking to the natives in
here, they just laugh at me sometimes but they are really nice! Oh
yeah and speaking of natives... The teachers here took everyones
passport and cameras because they have a tendancey to get stolen, so
no pictures for a while! You´ll have to tell me about mexico when you
guys get back, I emailed mom earlier this week so you guys get 2! hmmm
¿Que mas? This has been such a great experiance already, I can see why
everyone says it fly´s by! Ive learned a lot! You guys should start
reading Jesus the Christ, Its a pretty tough read but it has some
really crazy things in it that you wouldnt even think of! I just
barely started reading it but it is great.  Im not sure how to make
spaces for paragraphs on this keyboard so this is a bit of a run on!
Oh yeah! and for the mail here, they say its ran by a canadian so its
pretty reliable haha so it should take things about 10 to 15 days to
get here. Make sure when you write or send packages you write Elder
Alex Johnstun on it, otherwise i might have to pay taxes on it! Which
leads me to the money thats here "Quetzals" i think is how you spell
it, they look like monopoly money and someone said you cant rip them!
The ratio is about 6.5 to 1 US dollar.

Aha! I figured out how to make a space! So Im sending you guys a
letter today I think so you can test out how long it takes from my
end! Well ive only got a couple of minutes left, so ill email you guys
again in a week! HAVE fun in mexico! Oh yeah and good luck to Kenzie
with her Surgery, I hope that It takes care of her problemas! Love
You!
    Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment