Alma 17:11

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy bretheren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Last week in the US of A


Hey Padres/Fam!

Im responding to several Emails so if it's a little scattered or I miss something sorry! Just ask me about it again! haha

I loved getting that package! It was soo cool! I'll have to write a letter about everyone in mi Districto pero i dont have time right now! There was a huge problem in the mail room so I didnt get the Package untill wednesday! EVERYONE is extremely jealous about the legos. Turns out, they're amazing! And the Flaming hot Cheetos were a gift from Heaven!  haha I got my travel plans like 4 hours after I wrote you guys last week! But I dont have them with me so I am just going to have to tell you what I remember, we leave for the airport on Sept 11 at 4:30, our flight leaves at 8:45. Then I think we have a 3 hour layover in LAX before heading to G town! So I have to go buy some phone cards before I go so I can call you! Hopefully we can time it so It's not during Nicks thing! Maybe we can time it so I call before and after so I can talk to all of you! That's so cool Nick is doing that, He's going to be an awesome drummer! He sounds like a busy kid, and wakes up earlier than I do! That's great that he can do that because waking up at 6:30 is awful if you ask me!

I am so Excited to be going! A little bummed out cause the guys in my district are so fun, but at the same time it's going to be so cool! We teach at least once a day here to our teachers and then once a week volunteers who speak spanish come in and we get to shoot the breeze with them, which was a little scary at first but it was soo fun! Spanish is comming hmmmm pretty good! I think of something in English and realize i can say it in spanish so it's pretty cool. Being surrounded by spanish will make it come super fast though so I'm way excited. It seems like all of you are seeing more and more missionaries, haha that's fun! I love the story about Kenzie hugging that Elder, I bet he was a little freaked out at first, SO FUNNY!

Biking sounds so fun! We need to go around Bear Lake! I would love to go down to San Fransisco to do that! It would be so fun! And we also need to go kayaking! I love doing that! Probably one of the best things you can do on water, I've been working out on this rowing machine here and it is sooo much fun! We need one of those too!

                 Im Pumped to see the bathroom when it's done! That thing is so gross, and it'll look SO GOOD redone! Oh and I just realized I have never talked about the food! The food here is hit and miss, a lot of the time they will have a meal with 1 AWESOME thing and the rest is terrible! but it's edible so it works! They say that we'll have better food down there because they have less people to feed.

the 2 and 1/2 weeks here have gone by so fast! It's like I just got here, so it's a little weird that we're leaving. Nothing really seems like it ever changes here, all of the days just blend together so time just flys by.

I love hearing about what is going on on the outside world! We get ZERO news here about what is happening! I heard that Neil Armstrong died! Any other news other than political? Both of them are clowns!

We get about 40 to 50 minutes of exercise time every day, so we play sand volleyball or basketball everyday. It's pretty hot out but the only time wer're out other than gym is in between classes so we dont notice too much! Next time I'll have to write down things/stories I have for you guys because I can't remember hardly any of them by the time Friday comes around!

Love you guys! Miss you tons, but this is great! I'm learning so much! I'm going to the temple to do Sealings in the temple today, I heard it's pretty cool so I wanna do it before I cant understand it!

LOVE YOU!

Elder Alex Johnstun

No comments:

Post a Comment